Add Crash Quote
Crash quote is a game where teams of 1 to 5 people can compete shooting sling shots at bottles that contain partial phrases from famous quotes. The objective is to collect as many phrases as possible by being the best shot with a sling shot then figuring out what the quotes are and who said them.
- A team member will shoot one ball bearing at one of ten bottles on the table.
- Inside the bottles are partial phrases from two different famous quotes.
- If the bottle breaks the shooter takes the phrase to his team. If he misses he goes to his team empty handed.
- The next team has a chance to get a phrase by shooting a bottle.
- Teams alternate shooters until all bottles are broken and all phrases are collected.
- If a team is missing some phrases they will need to negotiate with the other team to receive the phrases they are missing.
- Teams must organize the phrases to match word-for-word, the famous quote.
- If each team organizes the phrase correctly they receive 20 points. If wrong they lose 10 points and surrender the phrases to the opposing team.
- If they identify who originally said the quote they receive 20 points. If wrong, the opposing team has a chance to identify the person.
- There is a 30 minute time limit for this game.
This activity requires 2 or more people. Limit 1 to 5 people per team. This activity costs $50 for up to 10 people (two teams). If you have more than 10 people who want to play select this game twice for 11-20 people and three times for 21 to 30 people.
Rage room 1 will have ten bottles setting on the table. A phrase from two different famous quotes lies in the bottom of each bottle. Five bottles will contain phrases from one quote, and five bottles will contain phrases from the other quote.
Armed with a wrist rocket and one marble, a team member will enter rage room 1 and shoot at one bottle. If he hits and breaks the bottle he will retrieve the phrase from the broken bottle and shares what it says with his team members. If he misses, he returns to rage room 2 without a phrase. A member from the other team enters rage room 1 and shoots at the bottle of his choice. If he breaks the bottle, he will retrieve the phrase and share what it says with his team members. If he misses, he returns to rage room 2 empty handed.
The teams then alternate shooters and once all the bottles are broken and the phrases are collected, each team must organize the phrases they retrieved from the bottles they broke to match a famous quote. Depending on which bottle was broken by each team, it is possible that each team has phrases from both quotes, or one team may have more phrases than the other team. If this is the case and if the team with missing phrases want to receive points for identifying the quote, they must trade phrases and/or negotiate with the opposing team by giving some of their past won points in exchange for the missing phrase. A team can negotiate with the other team to receive all the phrases and win points for both quotes.
Once negotiations are complete, the teams must organize the phrases to match word-for-word, the famous quote. If accomplished, the team that correctly organizes the quote wins 20 points. If the quote is incorrect, that team receives a 10 point penalty and must give the opposing team the phrases. The opposing team then has a chance to organize the phrase to match the famous quote. If they are correct they get the 20 points, if not they lose 10 points.
The team that correctly organizes the quote will have the first chance to correctly identify the person who originally said the quote. If correct, they win 20 points if incorrect they receive a 10 point penalty and the other team has a chance to identify the person who said the quote. If they are correct they receive 20 points, if they are wrong, they receive a 10 point penalty.
There is a 30 minute time limit to shoot all the bottles, perform negotiations if necessary, organize the quotes correctly, and to guess the person who originally said the quote. Once the time is up, the teams still working on their quote will not receive points.